Friday, January 3, 2014

" I was born with a reading list I will never finish." - Maud Casey

Another book loving post, for anyone who didn't enjoy yesterday's post on my top 13 books/series of the 2013 year, I'm Sorry. But this is just how my blog is consisting of flip-floppy posts about what I feel like talking about whenever I feel like.
That definitely doesn't mean, I don't care about my now small audience that I plan on broadening. I care about what you guys genuinely think, so please leave comments :)

Now, to the fun part answering the questions I found on the Notebook Sisters blog.

1. What was your overall favourite book this year? (Yes. Pick one.) Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin.

2. Favourite debut(s)? (Author must have been first published in 2013.) A very hard question! I know it shouldn't be, but it is. . . I can't think of any authors I enjoyed that debuted in 2013.

3. Which books did you reread this year? So many! No More Wasted Time by Beverly Preston, The Memory of You by Laurie Kellogg, The Chose One Trilogy, The Hunger Games trilogy ( Too many times! ), Twilight series ( I've read those books too many times), The Grey Wolves series, and just too be honest a-lot more. I always re-read good books.


4. Favourite cover(s) this year! Limerick by Kimberly Spencer. Branded by Keary Taylor. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Beautiful cover, right! I took one look at it and new I'd enjoy this
slow pace annoying self-revolving female
protagonist, with an annoying needy
Fae Prince tale.





















Her hair, is such a pretty color! And those eyes :)
I should re-read this story and give it another chance.




5. Worst cover(s)? This is hard! Uhm the Reckless Magic Cover
It could be better.
6. What self-published books did you read this year? The Grey Wolves Series, is self-published, I think.

7. Which book(s) gave you a massive hangover? Allegiant by Veronica Roth. It left a whole in my heart. Sacrifice of Love by Quinn Loftis, I swear she created that book to tear out my inside and place them back inside me all mushy.

8. Best standalone you read? Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin


9. Biggest book(s) you've read this year? The Heroes of Olympus books.


10. Book(s) you followed the hype for and then loved! My mom urged me into reading the Divergent Trilogy, she first recommended it in 2012, and I shrugged it off too invested in The Hunger Games and the rest of my lovelies. When I opened the book, read the first lines I knew I fell inlove.

Beautiful, captivating cover right!? I should
probably give this novel
another chance this year.

11. Most disappointing book(s) you read this year? Branded by Keary Taylor, it had too much potential! Limerick by Kimberly Spencer, the words in the book didn't hold as much beauty as the model on the cover.


12. Favourite leading-female character? Jennifer Alghelscu


13. Favourite leading-male character? Tobias Eaton


14. Best romance(s)? Tobias Eaton and Beatrice Prior , Tess Mathews and Tom Clemmins, then every single pair in The Grey Wolves series.


15. What book(s) hit the DNF list? (Did not finish.) Haha, It's sad that there are so many free books I downloaded this year on my kindle that I started and COULD NOT ( Yawn ) finish. One I specifically remembered was Rippler by Sydney Swanson, oh and Branded by Kinry Taveor ( once it started talking about Cupid and a bunch of other garb, and the fact that she never sleep ever was just unrealistic. )


16. What book(s) did you read out of your comfort-zone? Uhh, my comfort zone is any book with a lick of romance in it. And I do remeber there was one book that wasn't romace-based and I enjoyed the heck out of it... What was the name of the book!


17. Which author did you read the most from? Quinn Loftis, :D


18. Top 5 books you'd recommend from all the books you've read this year? Elsewhere , The Divergent Trilogy, and The Grey Wolves Series. ( Yes, I went over, don't judge me :) )


19. How many books did you read this year all up? This year was more on writing, so I did not read as many books as I would've liked. Maybe only about 35 - 50 books this year.



20. What's a book you're hugely excited for coming out in 2014?! The last book in The Grey Wolves 

Series, and Book five in The Heroes of Olympus series.











Part Two of this post where I answer questions related to writing will 
be up tomorrow! 10 a.m P.S.T , then next week 
on this blog may be fun-filled
with gorgeous beauty, girly crap :)


Smiley Face,
Ony

If you enjoyed reading my answers to these questions, but you'd like 
to see them answered by another teenage book-lover fanatic,
I encourage you to visit Catherine's blog A Stray Imagination


Want me to Guestpost/would like to Guest Post on this blog?
Email me at Smileyfaceony@gmail.com

Need advice on anything to everything?
Leave your question in the ' Internet Support Group' tab.

Also visit ' Ony's Community' Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so feel free to let it all out in the comment section. Do remember that there's a difference with being rude and being honest :)